North Wales Police

Justice denied has formed a pressure group to protect those denied justice. Join us now by going to every-one welcome! The more of us who join together the more we can use the power we already have to make a real difference.

Freemason and ex North Wales Police Superintendent Gordon Anglesea arrested by operation Pallial for historic child abuse

RETIRED FREEMASON and NORTH Wales Police superintendent Gordon Anglesea has been arrested on suspicion of historic physical and sexual assaults against children.   
Rebecca Televison reveals  that Anglesea was detained at his Colwyn Bay home in December by officers of the National Crime Agency. He was the 18th person to be arrested as part of Operation Pallial, based at North Wales Police headquarters.
 Operation Pallial was set up by  David Cameron in November 2012.

ON 12 DECEMBER officers from the National Crime Agency knocked on the door of a house in a quiet suburban street in Old Colwyn on the North Wales coast.

Inside the property they arrested a 76-year-old man and later took him to a police station in Cheshire.

Gordon Anglesea
Anglesea finally  Arrested
The detectives were part of the Agency’s Operation Pallial team.
They questioned the arrested man about allegations of child abuse dating back to the 1970s and 1980s.
Seven men have alleged that they were sexually or physically abused by the retired police officer in the period 1975 to 1983 when they were between 8 and 16 years of age.
The following day the National Crime Agency, which is in charge of Operation Pallial, said the pensioner had been released on police bail until mid-April.
The Agency would not reveal his identity. But it is  Gordon Anglesea.
Between 1975 to 1983 he was a North Wales Police Inspector based in Wrexham.
He served as a policeman for more than 34 years and reached the rank of Superintendent by the time he retired in 1991.
Anglesea is a Rotarian and a Freemason.
Shortly after his arrest last December, he informed his local Rhos on Sea Rotary Club that he had been detained.
Six days after the arrest, on December 20, Rebecca Television in North Wales  rang John Roberts, secretary of the Rhos club. They told  him they  were planning to name Anglesea. Roberts replied that Anglesea had not resigned.
Roberts said the retired police officer had applied for leave of absence and that the request would be considered at the club’s January meeting. At that meeting, which took place on January 7, Anglesea was given leave of absence until April.
He is a long-standing Rotarian, one of 51,000 members in Britain and Ireland.
He has been President of the Rhos on Sea club on three occasions — 1989-90, 1990-91 and 2007-8.
In 2010 he was the club official in charge of “Youth Service”.
A spokeswoman for Rotary International told Rebecca Television that “while there was a legal process under way, the organisation could not comment.”
Anglesea is also a Freemason of more than 30 years standing.
There are 250,000 masons in England and Wales — outnumbering Rotarians 5 to 1.
In 1976 Anglesea joined a masonic lodge in Colwyn Bay.
In 1982 he became a member of Wrexham’s Berwyn lodge.
He left in 1984 to join a new Wrexham lodge called Pegasus becoming its Master in 1990.
The secretary of the North Wales Province of Freemasonry, Peter Sorahan, said:
“In view of the fact that Operation Pallial is an ongoing investigation, it would be inappropriate for me to comment.”  “However”, he added, “I can assure you that if requested by the Police to do so, the Province of North Wales will provide full assistance with their inquiries.”
Masonic HQ, the United Grand Lodge of England based in London, also confirmed it would assist the police if asked.
On January 8 Rebecca Television wrote to Gordon Anglesea informing him that the website intended to reveal that he was the man arrested on December 12.
We asked for a comment.  Royal Mail confirmed delivery of the letter. There was no reply.
The present accusations are not the first he has faced.
The background is laid out in the article The Trials Of Gordon Anglesea.
In 1994 a libel jury found journalists had falsely accused him of abusing children at the Bryn Estyn children’s home in Wrexham.
Private EyeThe ObserverIndependent on Sunday and the broadcaster HTV paid him combined damages of £375,000 with their legal bills running into several million pounds.
These and other allegations were also considered by the North Wales Child Abuse Tribunal of 1996-2000.
In its 2000 report Lost in Care, the  Waterhouse Tribunal found no evidence that the retired police officer had abused children.

story curtesy of Rebecca TV

Gordon Angelsea not only took advantage of and abused children in North Wales Care Homes but made a small fortune from his perjury to the High Court in London. Will operation Pallial now also look at the child porn trade supported by the North Wales Police?